SETSOTO LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Setsoto Municipality, with its seat in Ficksburg, Free State, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. It is our intention to promote equity through the filling of posts, according to the set Employment Equity targets. Qualified persons, women and people with disability with the skills and expertise to discharge the duties of the under-mentioned positions are invited to apply.
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER
POSITION: DIRECTOR DEVELOPMENT PLANNING AND SOCIAL SECURITY
TERM: FIVE YEAR FIXED TERM
SALARY: (Min – R768,305; Mid – R878,063; Max – R987,820)
Total remuneration package will be in terms of Government Gazette No.40118 dated 04 July 2016
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor Degree in Social Science / Public Administration / Law or equivalent. Certificate in Municipal Finance Management (SAQA Qualification ID No. 48965) and Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals (SACSSP), registration with a Professional body will serve as a strong recommendation. Five (5) years relevant experience at a Senior Management level and have proven successful institutional transformation within Public or Private Sector. Leading Competencies: Strategic Direction and Leadership, People Management, Program and project Management, Financial Management, Change Leadership and Governance Leadership. Core Competencies: Moral Competence, Planning and Organizing, Analyzing and Innovation, Knowledge and Information Management, Communication, Results and Quality Focus.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The candidate will be expected to demonstrate; Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation; Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management; Understanding of council operations and delegation of powers, as well as: (Public Services; Parks, Cemeteries and Recreation; Solid Waste; LED & Tourism Development; Security Services). Town and regional planning • Manage and regularly update the Housing Sector Plan • Manage conditional grants related to planning/Local Economic Development and lobby for external funding for development •Housing and property management • Ensure implementation of IDP strategic objectives of the Department • Draft and ensure implementation of a Departmental strategic plan and SDBIP • Prepare and control the Departmental budget
APPLICATIONS & CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
• Short-listed candidates will be subjected to reference checks, criminal record check, vetting and signing of indemnity forms. A candidate who canvasses for preference will be disqualified.
• Applications received after closing date will not be considered. Applicants must download and fill in an application form (Annexure C) available on the Municipal website at (www.setsoto.co.za) or directly from the Government Notice No. 21 of 17 January 2014 (Annexure C). No applications will be considered if it is not on the official application form.
• It is the applicant responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to attach the proof thereof.
• Shortlisted/ recommended candidates will be subjected to a competency based assessment over 2 day’s prior appointment in terms of Annexure A (Competency framework for Senior Managers) of Notice No.21 of Government Gazette No. 37245 of 17 January 2014. Security vetting including Schedule 2 of Number 37245 of January 2014 Government Gazette.
• Successful candidate will be required to sign employment contract on or before assumption of duty, a performance agreement within 60 days of appointment and disclosure of financial interest and also to undergo security vetting. The successful candidate being based at Setsoto Local Municipality`s Head Office in Ficksburg but may be deployed anywhere within the municipality depending on operational requirement.
• Due to the large number of applications, correspondence shall be limited to the short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within a period of three weeks after the closing date of the advertisement, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
• The successful candidates will report directly to the Municipal Manager
• The municipality reserves a right not to appoint any applicant to this position. No late, faxes or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
The above appointments will be made in compliance with the provisions of sections 56 & 57 of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Amendment Act 7 of 2011
Detailed and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae accompanied by certified qualifications must be addressed to; The Municipal Manager, Setsoto Local Municipality, P O Box 116, Ficksburg 9730 or alternatively can be delivered at Municipal Building, 27 Voortrekker Street, Office of the Municipal Manager, Annexure Building, Second Floor, Ficksburg, 9730. Enquiries: Mr. STR Ramakarane. (Municipal Manager) Tel: 051 933 9300.Late applications will not be considered, post delays must be considered by the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: 13th April 2017 (Before the end of Business day @16h30)