Setsoto Municipality, with its seat in Ficksburg, Free State, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. It is our intention to promote equity through the filling of posts, according to the set Employment Equity targets. Qualified persons, women and people with disability with the skills and expertise to discharge the duties of the under-mentioned positions are invited to apply.
Incorporating, Ficksburg (Head Centre), Senekal, Clocolan and Marquard
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER
POSITION: DIRECTOR CORPORATE SERVICES
TERM: FOUR (4) YEAR FIXED TERM
SALARY: (Minimum: R857 571 Midpoint: R980 082 Maximum: R1 102 590)
Total remuneration package will be in terms of Government Gazette No.42023 dated 08 November 2018
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor Degree in Public Administration/ Management Sciences/ Law or equivalent.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: The appointed candidate must be in possession of a valid driver’s license and a suitable vehicle for proper performance of his/her functions and discharge of duties; Willingness to work
irregular hours with extensive travelling; Compliance with limitation of political rights as
contained in Municipal Systems Amendment Act, No 7 of 2011.
ADDED ADVANTAGE: Certificate in Municipal Finance Management (SAQA Qualification ID No. 48965) and registration with a Professional body will serve as a strong recommendation.
EXPERIENCE: At least five (5) years relevant experience at a middle management level; and have proven successful institutional transformation within public or private sector;
COMPETENCIES: Leading Competencies: Strategic Direction and Leadership, People Management, Program and project Management, Financial Management, Change Leadership and Governance Leadership. Core Competencies: Moral Competence, Planning and Organizing, Analyzing and Innovation, Knowledge and Information Management, Communication, Results and Quality Focus.
KNOWLEDGE: The candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
• Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation;
• Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management;
• Good knowledge of corporate governance support services including:
(a) Human Resources Development;
(b) Human Capital Management;
(c) Legal Services;
(d) Facilities Management; and
(e) Council Support
• Good knowledge of supply chain management regulations and the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No. 5 of 2000);
• Good Governance;
• Labour Relations Act, and other Labour-related Prescripts;
• Legal background and Human Capital Management; and
• Knowledge of coordination and oversight of all specialized support functions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Provide strategic direction to the Corporate Services Directorate.
• Responsible for development organizational policies and procedures
• Be accountable for the execution of all resolutions of the municipality, as well as be accountable for the general supervision, control and efficiency of the directorate.
• Formulate support and implement the strategic goals of the municipality in order to give effect to the Integrated Development Plan (IDP).
• Participate in strategic management of the Municipality by advising the Municipal Manager on issues pertaining to Corporate Support Services Directorate.
• Ensure that municipal Performance Management System is fully implemented in the Directorate
• Ensure effective management of the Directorate and the following sections: Human Resource Management & Development, Legal Services, Payroll Administration and Admin & Support Services.
Applications and Conditions of Appointment:
• Applicants must download and fill in an Application Form (Annexure C) available on the Municipal Website at (www.setsoto.co.za) or directly from the Government Notice No. 21 of 17 January 2014 (Annexure C). No Applications will be considered if it is not on the Official Application Form.
• It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to attach proof thereof.
• Recommended candidates will be subjected to a competency based assessment over 2 day’s prior appointment in terms of Annexure A (Competency framework for Senior Managers) of Notice No.21 of Government Gazette No. 37245 of 17 January 2014.
• Short-listed candidate will be subjected to reference checks, criminal record check and signing of indemnity forms
• The successful candidate will be required to sign an Employment Contract on or before assumption of duty, a Performance Agreement within 60 days of appointment and the necessary Disclosure of Financial Interest Forms as well as undergoing the necessary Security Vetting Processes.
• The successful candidate will be based at Setsoto Local Municipality’s Head Office in Ficksburg but may be deployed anywhere within the municipality depending on the operational requirements.
• Due to the large number of applicants, correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within a period of two months after the closing date of the advertisement, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
• The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Accounting Officer.
• The municipality reserves a right not to appoint any applicant to this position.
• Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted;
• A candidate who canvasses for preference will be disqualified.
Detailed and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae accompanied by certified copies of qualifications must be addressed to: The Municipal Manager, Setsoto Local Municipality, P O Box 116, Ficksburg 9730 or alternatively can be delivered to the Municipal Offices, 27 Voortrekker Street, Office of the Municipal Manager, Annexure Building, Second Floor, Ficksburg, 9730.
Enquiries: Mr STR Ramakarane. (Municipal Manager) Tel: 051 933 9300.
Late applications will not be considered, therefore post delays must be considered by the applicant
CLOSING DATE: 28 February 2019 (Before the end of business @16h30)