Setsoto Local Municipality, with its seat in Ficksburg, Free State, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. It is our intention to promote equity through the filling of posts, according to the set Employment Equity targets. Qualified persons, women and people with disability with the skills and expertise to discharge the duties of the under-mentioned positions are invited to apply.
Incorporating, Ficksburg (Head Centre), Senekal, Clocolan and Marquard
DIRECTORATE: TREASURY SERVICES
POSITION: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
TERM: FIVE YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
SALARY: (Min – R 768 305 / Mid – R 878 063 / Max – R987 820) Total remuneration package will be in terms of Government Gazette No. 40118 dated 04 July 2016.
The above appointment will be done in compliance with the provision of section 56 of the Local Government: Municipal System Amendment Act, 2011 and National Treasury: Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency Levels Government Gazette No 29967
At least an NQF Level 6 in the field of Accounting, Finance or Economics or a Certificate in Municipal Finance Management (SAQA Qualification ID No. 48965) with a minimum of 5 years experience at middle management level. The candidate must have the required minimum competency levels in the areas of Strategic Leadership and Management, Strategic Financial Management, Operational Financial Management, Governance, Ethics and Values in Financial Management, Financial and Performance Reporting, Risk and Change Management, Project Management, Legislation and Policy Implementation, Stakeholder Relations, Supply Chain Management, Audit and Assurance as per the National Treasury, Local Government : Municipal Finance Management Act – Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency Levels as published on 15 June 2007 relevant to a Chief Financial Officer.
The candidate reports directly to the Accounting Officer on Strategic Financial Management issues and provides adequate financial management advice to the Accounting Officer, Executive Mayor and Council. Effectively and efficiently implements and manages the financial management system. Develops and implements key strategic/business plans to ensure effective implementation and management of systems, processes, procedures and controls relating to: Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management, Expenditure Management, Budget Preparation and Reporting. Prepares Annual Financial Statements and other mandatory financial management reports. Performs duties and functions delegated to the Chief Financial Officer in terms of the Municipal Finance Management Act and System of Delegation approved by Council as well as other functions as delegated by the Accounting Officer. Ensures compliance to relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures. Implements effective processes, support and co-ordination for the compilation of the Integrated Development Plan, Budget and Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan. Strategically engage with external auditors and provide appropriate and timely responses to audit queries. Be responsible for the execution and timely delivery of departmental outputs as outlined in the departmental SDBIP and CFO’s performance contract. Facilitate stakeholder participation and involvement in relevant matters.
APPLICATIONS & CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
• Applicants must download and fill in an Application Form (Annexure C) available on the Municipal Website at (www.setsoto.co.za) or directly from the Government Notice No. 21 of 17 January 2014 (Annexure C). No Applications will be considered if it is not on the Official Application Form.
• It is the applicants responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to attach the proof thereof.
• Shortlisted/recommended candidates will be subjected to reference checks, criminal record check as well as undergoing the necessary Security Vetting Processes and signing of indemnity forms.
• Shortlisted/recommended candidates will be subjected to a competency based assessment over 2 day’s prior appointment in terms of Annexure A (Competency framework for Senior Managers) of Notice No.21 of Government Gazette No. 37245 of January 2014.
• The successful candidate will be required to sign an Employment Contract on or before assumption of duty, a Performance Agreement within 60 days of appointment and the necessary Disclosure of Financial Interest Forms.
• The successful candidate will be based at Setsoto Local Municipality’s Head Office in Ficksburg but may be deployed anywhere within the municipality depending on the operational requirements.
• Due to the large number of applicants , correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within a period of two months after the closing date of the advertisement, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
• The municipality reserves a right not to appoint any applicant to this position.
• Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. A candidate who canvasses for preference will be disqualified.
Detailed and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae accompanied by certified copies of qualifications must be addressed to: The Municipal Manager, Setsoto Local Municipality, P O Box 116, Ficksburg 9730 or alternatively can be delivered to the Municipal Offices, 27 Voortrekker Street, Office of the Municipal Manager, Annexure Building, Second Floor, Ficksburg, 9730.
Enquiries: Mr. STR Ramakarane. (Municipal Manager) Tel: 051 933 9300 .
Closing date: Friday, 10 November 2017 at 16:30
No late applications will be considered and post delays must therefor be taken into consideration by the applicant.