SETSOTO LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Setsoto Municipality, with its seat in Ficksburg, Free State, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. It is our intention to promote equity through the filling of posts, according to the set Employment Equity targets. Qualified persons, women and people with disability with the skills and expertise to discharge the duties of the under-mentioned positions are invited to apply.
Incorporating, Ficksburg (Head Office),Senekal, Clocolan and Marquard
DIRECTORATE: TREASURY SERVICES
POSITION: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
TERM: FIVE (5) YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
SALARY: (Min – R 857 571 / Mid – R 980 082 / Max – R 1 102 590) Total remuneration package will be in terms of Government Gazette No. 42023 dated 08 November 2018.
Reporting directly to the Municipal Manager, the following appointment will be made in line with sections 56/57 of the Local Government Municipal System Act 32 of 2000 and relevant Local Government Regulations applicable to the appointment of Senior Managers. Appointment will be a (5) five year fixed-term performance – based employment contract.
Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree or B.Tech in Accounting / NQF Level 7 in the field of Accounting, Finance or Economics or Chartered Accounting SA; Certificate in Municipal Financial Management Programme as prescribed by National Treasury, Government Gazette No 29967 dated 15 June 2007 or Equivalent Qualification;
Other requirements The appointed candidate must be in possession of valid driver’s licence and a suitable vehicle for proper performance of his/her functions and discharge of duties; Willingness to work irregular hours with extensive traveling.
Added Advantages: A post-graduate degree, MFMP qualification and registration with a relevant professional body will serve as a strong recommendation.
Experience: A Minimum of (7) seven years experience at Senior and middle management level, of which at least (2) two years must be at senior management level.
Knowledge Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Municipal Finance Management Act, Treasury regulations and other legislation including proven experience in its application; Good practical knowledge of Municipal Property and relevant regulations; Knowledge of GRAP (General Recognise Accounting Practices); Track record in preparation and management of strategic plans, business plans and budgeting; An excellent track record in the implementation and maintenance of sound financial system; The ability to work under pressure; Computer literacy; Knowledge and understanding of computerized financial system, spreadsheet, databases and word Processing.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
Strategic leadership and management; Strategic financial management; Operational financial management; Financial and performance reporting; Risk and change management; Project management; Legislation and policy implementation; Audit and Assurance; Supply Chain Management; Governance, ethics and values in financial management
The candidate reports directly to the Accounting Officer on Strategic Financial Management issues and provides adequate financial management advice to the Accounting Officer, Executive Mayor and Council. Effectively and efficiently implements and manages the financial management system. Develops and implements key strategic/business plans to ensure effective implementation and management of systems, processes, procedures and controls relating to: Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management, Expenditure Management, Budget Preparation and Reporting, Prepares Annual Financial Statements and other mandatory financial management reports. Performs duties and functions delegated to the Chief Financial Officer in terms of the Municipal Management Financial Act and System of Delegation approved by Council as well as other functions as delegated by Accounting Officer.
Ensures compliance to relevant legislations, regulations, policies and procedures. Implements effective processes, support and co-ordination for the compilation of the Integrated Development Plan, Budget and Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan. Strategically engages with external auditors and provide appropriate and timely responses to audit queries. Be responsible for the execution and timely delivery of departmental outputs as outlined in the departmental SDBIP and CFO’s performance contract. Facilitate stakeholder participation and involvement in relevant matters.
Applications and Conditions of Appointment:
• Applicants must download and fill in an Application Form (Annexure C) available on the Municipal Website at (www.setsoto.co.za) or directly from the Government Notice No. 21 of 17 January 2014 (Annexure C). Kindly note that applicants will not be penalized for holding political office.
• It is the applicants responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to attach proof thereof.
• Recommended candidates will be subjected to a competency based assessment over 2 day’s prior appointment in terms of Annexure A (Competency framework for Senior Managers) of Notice No. 21 of Government Gazette No. 37245 of January 2014.
• Short-listed candidate will be subjected to reference checks, criminal record check and signing of indemnity forms
• The successful candidate will be required to sign an Employment Contract on or before assumption of duty, a Performance Agreement within 60 days of an appointment and the necessary Disclosure of Financial Interest Forms as well as undergoing the necessary Security Vetting Processes.
• The successful candidate will be based as Setsoto Local Municipality’s Head Office in Ficksburg but may be deployed anywhere within the municipality depending on the operational requirements.
• Due to the large number of applicants, correspondence will be limited to the shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within a period of (2) two months after the closing date of the advertisement, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
• The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Accounting Officer.
• The municipality reserves a right not to appoint any applicant to this position.
• Faxed or e-mailed applications will NOT be accepted;
• A candidate who canvasses for preference will be disqualified.
Detailed and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae accompanied by certified copies of qualifications must be addressed to: The Municipal Manager, Setsoto Local Municipality, P O Box 116, Ficksburg 9730 or alternatively can be delivered to the Municipal Offices, 27 Voortrekker Street, Office of the Municipal Manager, Annexure Building Second Floor, Ficksburg, 9730.
ENQUIRIES: Mr STR Ramakarane. (Municipal Manager), tel (051) 933 9300
Closing date: Friday, 26 July 2019 at 16:30
No late applications will be considered and post delays must therefore be taken into consideration by the applicant.
Late applications will not be considered, therefore post delays must be considered by the applicant.