SETSOTO LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Setsoto Municipality, with its seat in Ficksburg, Free State, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. It is our intention to promote equity through the filling of posts, according to the set Employment Equity targets. Qualified persons, women and people with disability with the skills and expertise to discharge the duties of the under-mentioned positions are invited to apply.
Incorporating, Ficksburg (Head Centre), Senekal, Clocolan and Marquard
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER
POSITION: DIRECTOR ENGINEERING SERVICES
TERM: FOUR (4) YEAR FIXED TERM
SALARY: Minimum: R813 635 Midpoint: R929 869 Maximum: R1 046 101
(Total remuneration package will be as determined for a category 3 municipality in terms of Government Gazette No.41173 dated 10 October 2017)
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering / B Tech Engineering or equivalent.
ADDED ADVANTAGE: A Certificate of competency as required in terms of the General Machinery Regulations, 1988; or registration with a recognized relevant engineering professional body.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years’ experience at middle management level, or as programme / project manager. Three (3) to Four (4) years must be at a professional / management level engineering management experience.
COMPETENCIES: Leading Competencies: Strategic Direction and Leadership, People Management, Program and project Management, Financial Management, Change Leadership and Governance Leadership.
Core Competencies: Moral Competence, Planning and Organizing, Analyzing and Innovation, Knowledge and Information Management, Communication, Results and Quality Focus.
KNOWLEDGE: The candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
• Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation;
• Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management;
• Must have extensive knowledge of public office environment; and
• Must be able to formulate engineering master planning, project management and implementation.
(It should be noted that candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements should not apply as they will not be considered.)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Manage the Infrastructure Departments
• Overall responsible for PMU, Fleet Management, Roads and Storm-water, Electricity, Water and Sanitation provision and management
• Ensure implementation of IDP strategic objectives of the department.
• Draft and ensure implementation of departmental strategic plan and SDBIP.
• Establish the key performance indicators and measures for determining and accessing the level of service delivery.
• Prepare and control departmental budget.
• Ensure compliance of all legal aspects and conditions required from the different spheres of government.
• Manage related Municipal Infrastructure Grant Programs (MIG), RBIG, WASIG, INEG and others;
• Develop, implement, monitor and control capital projects and contract administration.
• Develop plans and programs for infrastructural services within Setsoto Local Municipality area in line with IDP objectives, Manage Operations, maintenance, planning and administration of electricity, water, sanitation, roads and storm-water networks.
• Ensuring technical knowledge leverage, sharing and integration
• Developing standards, functional plans, policies and practices
• Integrating functional output with other directorates
Applications and Conditions of Appointment:
• Applicants must download and fill in an Application Form (Annexure C) available on the Municipal Website at (www.setsoto.co.za) or directly from the Government Notice No. 21 of 17 January 2014 (Annexure C). No Applications will be considered if it is not on the Official Application Form.
• It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to attach proof thereof.
• Shortlisted/recommended candidates will be subjected to a competency based assessment over 2 day’s prior appointment in terms of Annexure A (Competency framework for Senior Managers) of Notice No.21 of Government Gazette No. 37245 of 17 January 2014.
• Short-listed candidates will be subjected to Security Vetting Processes, qualification checks, reference checks, criminal record check and signing of indemnity forms
• The successful candidate will be required to sign an Employment Contract on or before assumption of duty, a Performance Agreement within 60 days of appointment and thereafter annually within 30 days of the new financial year together with the necessary Disclosure of Financial Interest Forms.
• The successful candidate will be based at Setsoto Local Municipality’s Head Office in Ficksburg but may be deployed anywhere within the municipality depending on the operational requirements.
• Due to the large number of applicants, correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within a period of two months after the closing date of the advertisement, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
• The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Accounting Officer.
• The municipality reserves a right not to appoint any applicant to this position.
• Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted;
• A candidate who canvasses for preference will be disqualified.
Detailed and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, ID and driver’s license must be addressed to: The Municipal Manager, Setsoto Local Municipality, P O Box 116, Ficksburg 9730 or alternatively can be delivered to the Municipal Offices, 27 Voortrekker Street, Office of the Municipal Manager, Annexure Building, Second Floor, Ficksburg, 9730.
Enquiries: Mr STR Ramakarane. (Municipal Manager) Tel: 051 933 9300.
Late applications will not be considered, therefore post delays must be considered by the applicant
CLOSING DATE: 08 October 2018 (Before the end of business @16h30)